Micaela got her B.S. in Geology and Earth Sciences from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in June 2020. As part of her senior thesis and graduation requirements, she worked alongside Dr. Diana Mutti and Dr. Carolina Mendez in the mineralogical and structural description of the Au-rich hydrothermal veins at the Farallón Negro Volcanic Complex in Catamarca, Argentina.
Her topics of interest are mineralogy, petrology, ore genesis, and geochemical characterization.
- B.S. in Geology from Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina (2013 - 2020)
- Ph.D in Earth and Environmental Sciences from University of Pennsylvania (2020 - )
- Ice Mechanics and deformation
- Experimental Ice Physics
MSE 507 - Introduction to Material Science, Material Science and Engineering Department • Fall 2021
GEOL 130 - Introduction to Oceanography, Earth and Environmental Department, University of Pennsylvania • Spring 2021
- Ninni, M.M. (2020). Geologic, Geochemical and Structural Characterization of the Los Viscos Vein in the Farallón Negro Volcanic Complex, Catamarca, Argentina. Senior Thesis
- Ninni, M.M. and Mendez C.C. (2020). Hidrothermal Quartz Textural Analysis of the Los Viscos Vein in the Farallón Negro Volcanic Complex, Catamarca, Argentina. XII Congreso Argentino de Geologia Económica.
Graduate Women in Science (GWIS), Philadelphia Chapter • joined 2020General Member, Public Relationship Office (Philadelphia Chapter), Graduate Women in Science Fellowship Reviewer 2021
Geological Society of America (GSA) • joined 2021
American Geophysical Union (AGU) • joined 2021
European Geosciences Union (EGU) • joined 2021
Unlearning Racism in the Geosciences (URGE), UPenn Pod • 2020 - 2021
SASGov, EES Representative - University of Pennsylvania • Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
GAPSA - University of Pennsylvania • Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
EES-UAB Logo Competition, Winner • 2020
Earth Science Week, Ore Deposits Stand • UBA, 2019
Earth Science Week, Structural Geology Stand • UBA, 2017