- Ph.D. (2001) – Soil Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, Canada
- M.Sc.(1996) – Soil Science, University of Guelph, Guelph ON, Canada
- B.Sc.(Eng.) (1994) – Environmental Engineering, University of Guelph, Guelph ON, Canada
Biogeochemistry and Global Environmental Change
My research interests lie in the field of terrestrial carbon biogeochemistry. I am interested in the mechanisms and process that act to stabilize and de-stabilize organic carbon in surface soils, and the links between the soil carbon balance and the broader global carbon cycle.
- ENVS100: Introduction to Environmental Science (Spring, every year)
- ENVS302: Case Studies in Environmental Sustainability (Penn Global Seminar)
- ENVS417: The Anthropocene: A Human-Dominated Earth (Spring, on demand)
- GEOL421/541: Biogeochemistry: Elemental Cycling in Global Earth Systems (Fall, odd years)
- GEOL411: Introductory Soil Science (Fall, even years)
- GEOL511: Advanced Soil Science (Spring, on demand)
- GEOL611: Field Study of Soils (Summer I)
See complete pulbicaton list at Google Scholar, ResearchGate or ORCID.
Faculty Director, University Scholars Program, CURFBiology Graduate Group, University of Pennsylvania